Friday, May 25, 2012

Be what you want would want....

.....but only if that's also what you want.

Yes, I know you leagues of adoring fans are thinking, "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, HANNAH?!" Trust me. It makes way more sense than a lot of the shit I hear around my job all day. Or think.

My awesome friend Erica ran the Western Costume Spring Western Costume Spring Yard Sale and it got featured in a piece by LA Weekly. Also, there is a photo of me wearing an awesome hat that actually turned out to have structurally weak spots at the crown and thus my head got a little sunburned.

Boil Update:
A while ago, I decided to try the cold-water maceration technique for defleshing specimens. My results from this test are as follows:
1. Small bones are even smaller than you think. Think coffee filter, not 1/16" screen.
2. They weren't kidding about the smell.

In other exciting news,  the other day I had a student say to me, "You know you've chosen the right major when it's okay to bring dead animals to school." ....I passed a squirrel this morning, but I would have had to do a major loop to come back around to get it. Now I'm kind-of regretting I didn't.
Somehow we're starting to edge towards having a zooarchaeology collection. Somehow I'm starting to learn stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Wheaton's Law here or my wrath shall descend upon thee!!!