Sunday, October 3, 2010

Forensic Taphunamy

How often do ordinary people think about death? I can only assume the thought is not right alongside most people most of the time. I feel my own mortality very keenly and I"m okay with it. It's the mortality of those around me that would be much harder to deal with.
The fact of the matter is, Death walks alongside us everyday but just like the Tarot card, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Your bones are constantly dissolving (then getting rebuilt), and your outer layer of skin is continuously sloughing off. If either of these things weren't happening, you'd be one unhappy motherfucker.
Okay, the real point to this post is to say that I'm still working on my post-Burn reflections, but I've gotten a bit buried (heh:buried) in trying to adapt to starting school again and figuring out scheduling for some of the most awesome "Special Projects in Anthropology" ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Wheaton's Law here or my wrath shall descend upon thee!!!