Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sometimes I Get Really Stupid Ideas

Just in case my nerdiness was not already painfully obvious, my latest creation should put an end to any doubts. I had this idea awhile ago and may well expand upon it (the previously mentioned plush crypto-taxidermy), but I had a chunk of modeling substance that was going to dry out if I didn't use it immediately, so I figured I'd take a stab at giving my idea a physical form. There is nothing about the resulting product that is not shoddy. Shoddy design, shoddy modeling, shoddy painting. I don't even feel it deserves the title "prototype" but should rather be considered a three dimensional rough concept sketch. Full comprehension of its stupidity requires passing knowledge of both Doctor Who and well known behavioral patterns of certain South American mammals. I also worked up a little intro piece which will make NO sense if you don't know what a Dalek is.

Does anyone really believe Devros managed to create the Daleks on his very first try? Surely he had some experimental mishaps/precursors before he constructed the ultimate killing machine! Practicality insists that he would have started with a less lethal model just in case he wasn't able to control early prototypes.
In truth, it's likely another creature roamed the scarred landscape of Skaro, bleating out the much less terrifying but infinitely more disgusting cry of "EXPECTORATE".

I present: the Llamek





Be Seeing You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Wheaton's Law here or my wrath shall descend upon thee!!!