Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Personal Lessons in Ethnography: Part 1.1

In a shocking turn of events, you will not be getting a fully fleshed Part 2 with any immediate alacrity. Part of this has to do with my uneasiness about sharing a delicate social situation that is still developing with the faceless menace of the Interwebs. I don't want my words to be twisted or misconstrued, particularly in any way that might adversely influence matters, so careful thought (always at a premium in my crazy brain) and precise elocution (yes I realize that's a debatable use of the word) are required. My previous post is a bit of a rant compared to the style in which I would prefer to present this.  The struggle between my desire to view and share events in a detached, unbiased manner and the extremely strong feelings and opinions I have as a human being and a loving friend is what inspired the title of this multi-part story in the first place. It's one of the fundamental issues any rigorous anthropologist must confront. Since this is my personal blog and not a peer reviewed journal, I feel comfortable excusing myself from absolute unbiased assessment, but I think one of my greatest assets as a friend to the woman in question is my ability to employ logic and reason such that I am generally able to view an issue from multiple points of view.

Also, I'm lazy.

 Be Seeing You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Wheaton's Law here or my wrath shall descend upon thee!!!