Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ad Hoc Blog Post

As I've previously mentioned, I'm busy going insane and creating things for my trip to the desert and I really don't have the time to even be writing this, but I know some of you simply live to read my amazing blog (which is always perfectly written and crystal clear). The point is, I will probably be practicing radio silence for the next several weeks, and figured I'd share a taste of what I'm up to.
1) Making my Dalek hat, which involved learning how to solder EL wire. The ears were supposed to be aqua, but I had issues with soldering that damn stuff and so settled for purple at least for the desert. If this gets made into a Halloween costume, I'll switch the colors out.
2) Constructing my Utili-Bodice. I still need to sew EL wire onto it to make it nighttime safe.
3) Repairing my old hat by decoupaging on top of it.
4) Making a collage for my camp. This has evolved into Auto-Bot, Playa Scout. Basically it's going to be a picture of this little robot with a merit-badge type sash. I'll post photos someday. It's not done yet.
5) Constructing a Sculpy statue of Carl from Llamas with Hats to secret in my friend's tent without his knowledge. Ronny originally sent me the link with the note: "I'm not sure which one's me and which one's you". I don't get many chances to be directly creepy, so I have to maximize creepiness efforts during the time we're in the same vicinity. I am also counting on the fact that he is not reading this blog. A fairly safe assumption.
6) Did I mention packing? I'm going to a week-long party in the desert.
7) Also I need to make sure all is good with my hexa-yurt (living structure)
8) Not to mention pre-desert personal grooming: my friend is braiding my hair tomorrow and I'm getting a mani-pedi on Friday morning.
9) There are probably about 7 billion other things too, but for now I'm just going to go shopping for the six gazillion items I need.

Be Seeing You.

Boil Update:
This was either a super-bizarre spider bite or the wimpiest boil known to humankind. All that remains is a small hard node (that doesn't hurt) and a patch of shiny skin. I had such high hopes for disgustingness. On the upside, I don't need to worry about blood poisoning from it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Wheaton's Law here or my wrath shall descend upon thee!!!