Saturday, August 14, 2010

Space Madness is Transmitted via Scaly Sloths

I don't know if it's common to the Burner community at large or if it's just an AutoSub thing, but there's a certain state one gets into immediately pre-Burn that is referred to as Space Madness. It sets in when one realizes s/he hasn't done any of the 30 gazillion things s/he meant to do in the intervening year. Suddenly one must rush to complete art projects, modify living structures, fortify clothing (b/c the playa dust will eat a straw hat in approximately 1.2 seconds), and develop the perfect utility belt. My insane East Coast compatriots tend to contract said madness about two weeks earlier than me since they have to get everything ready in time to ship it across the country via container trucks (like I said: insane). This fact (namely: I live on the correct coast with idyllic weather) has led to several instances of hilariously bitter anger at my existence. Those poor, poor fools.

See, some of us only contracted the crazy about a week ago and most of that time it was in an incubation period. But now the phage/prion/whateverthehell has ENTERED MY BRAIN and PROLIFERATED.

Be Seeing You.

Boil Update:
Beginning to doubt initial diagnosis as there seems to be little suppuration going on. Certainly not enough to grow to "golf-ball size". As far as boils go, I don't think this is really of the super-hardcore Biblical variety.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6WAi0ssLGs

    ReplyDelete

Follow Wheaton's Law here or my wrath shall descend upon thee!!!