Wednesday, December 8, 2010

In the Meantime.....

My absence from writing anything here has has more to do with me going mental over finals and such and less to do with writer's block/lack of ideas.  However, I still thought I should share the genius picture/statement my Medical Anthropology teacher posted on the class website:


ALL STUDENTS, ALL CLASSES: DO NOT END UP LIKE THE TORTOISE (STUCK ON A POST). SUBMIT PAPERS WHEN DUE AND PREPARE FOR THE FINAL EXAM. 

It took  me a while to get it. At first I was stuck on the utterly hilarious image. Who puts a turtle on a post? (That looks more like a painted box turtle than a tortoise to me, but I'm entirely too lazy to actually research that).  Then I realized he might mean the whole idea of "stuck on a post" as in "stuck on not knowing what to write."  Now I'm back to considering that maybe he did just mean totally awkwardly marooned and failing and didn't intend for "post" to be a play on words. I just don't know.  Instead I will go tidy up the house and if I have time, start on a delightful analysis that I got the idea for/began to compile in the wee hours of some morning (Monday maybe? Saturday?) when I should have been working on my Medical Anthro paper and not procrastinating. 

Be Seeing You. 

Edit: What is going on with the text formatting here? I DON'T KNOW. I'm sure I could figure it out/fix it if I really really wanted to, but I just don't care that much. 

3 comments:

  1. I think it's cause you cut and paste stuff from your profs website. And then after that, the formatting is from what you cut and paste, rather than the default?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine image, indeed. Did it really take you that long to get its meaning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I specifically went in and changed the formatting several times, and even though it told me in edit mode that the writing looked normal, it'd then bust out with that...but then that last chunk totally responded to the formatting changes so...yeah.
    Ian, I was functioning on very little sleep and also completely nuts and also yes, it did take me a little while to get it.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Wheaton's Law here or my wrath shall descend upon thee!!!