Thursday, December 16, 2010

TeleTARDIS Part 1

Unlike my Weevil concept, proper exposition of my latest theory can really only properly be done with lots of visual aids. In order to avoid a criminally slow-to-load post and also because fussing with photos takes extra time this will have to be broken into several segments. However I'm sure you're pretty impatient by now and thinking something along the lines of this, so I'll lay my basic theory out for you in one sentence: I believe the Teletubbies are renting/occupying a room in the TARDIS.

Madness, you say? Well check out these shocking photos that reveal the TRUTH!!!


TARDIS console room circa 2005
Let's start with basic layout. The TARDIS control room is circular with a control console in the center and lots of random circles everywhere. What does the interior of the Teletubbies' house look like? The same damn thing! And lest you complain that the photos aren't identical, I've provided a shot of a previous incarnation of the TARDIS. That shit can change, but the elements remain.
 














TARDIS circa 1978


  



Note the shockingly similar color palettes between the Teletubby house and the recent TARDIS. How often do you see a glowing blue-green light featured prominently in conjunction with white lights and metallic elements? Well, to be fair I don't know how often YOU encounter that particular interior decorating combo, but I sure don't see it with any regularity.
Look at those arching supports coming in from the sides and consider how similar that central pillar in the Teletubbie house looks to a TARDIS control console.

While we're on the subject of these photos, I'd also like to point out the presence of K-9, a hilarious robot dog who appeared in 1978 and has traveled around with the Doctor and his companions in a number of incarnations. K-9 has the great potential to be annoying, but instead I deeply love him/her. I'm a total sucker for cute little ears (as evidenced by my obsession with the Daleks'), and K-9 has got tiny saucer antennae that swivel back and forth. Also (s)he tends to offer extremely helpful advice that the Doctor then ignores. 

The point is: small compact amiable robot who looks after its owner(s), provides invaluable help, and generally hangs around looking adorable and acting with considerably more sense than any bipedal creatures in the vicinity. Hmmmm....that really reminds me of something...oh wait, that's right: THE NOO-NOO!!!!

Next time, we will examine further evidence that the Teletubbies are occupying a room on the TARDIS and what this means in terms of a larger mythology or perhaps conspiracy within the BBC.

Be Seeing You.

3 comments:

  1. I just wrote a long comment and it got deleted! Gist: you are brilliant/crazy, and I'm afraid the government is going to snatch you as your theories gain credence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin's friend has a theory that in the future, the teletubbies have killed the doctor and taken over the TARDIS. Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! That hadn't occurred to me, but I will definitely take it into consideration! Even now I am spawning new theories about this, which is a good sign I need to stop.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Wheaton's Law here or my wrath shall descend upon thee!!!