Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#youpoorbastards

Okay, so remember my genius Weevil Jumpsuit Conundrum? Well it turns out that I seem to have a knack for developing elaborate conspiracy-type theories to do with Doctor Who. My latest one is more of a further-reaching BBC conspiracy theory, but no less ridiculous than Weevils in Jumpsuits.  Since this one relies heavily on visual data, I think it's more accessible to the general public (as opposed to the abstruse specificity of the other) which is good as I assume there's not a huge overlap between the target audience for these two shows. That being said, I'm giving you one last warning: stop reading before this gets any stupider. Because it will. Oh yes, it will.

Still with me? No? Excellent. I prefer monologuing to myself.

A little bit of backstory:
1) In the Doctor Who series, the Doctor flies around in this space/timeship called a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) which, though it looks like a police telephone box on the outside, is actually a vast network of sprawling rooms on the inside.
2) The Teletubbies have this strange vacuum cleaner/friendly robot thing that I deeply love.  I was (once again) in conversation with Randall and for some reason I referenced the Noo-noo. Oddly enough, he didn't know what Noo-noo was, so I went searching for pictures and maybe some video to explain it.
3)Man I love lists.
4) At the time I was "attempting" to write my term paper on death, dying, embalming, and the American Obsession with Control. Also I probably hadn't had a lot of sleep. In short: RIPE FOR DISTRACTION.

So, I found this clip to show Randall, since it has some quality scenes of the Noo-noo scooting around looking awesome. Here's a short clip from Series 4 of the recent reboot (and by "recent" I mean five years ago) of Doctor Who.  Do you see where I'm going with this? Well, if not, you will, and if so I will soon present my case in more detail. Also, if the Teletubbies kind of freak you out, go watch some Boobahs.  The real fun in that video starts around 2:30, and that final shot...*shudder*. Ater that, the Teletubbies should seem positively wholesome and normal.

Be Seeing You.

Edit: I just watched those two first clips in succession, and if you DO see where I'm going with this either you follow me on Twitter, I've told you about my theory, and/or you're barking mad because apart from being British, they really appear to have NOTHING IN COMMON.
...or do they? DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!!! (that's supposed to be dramatic music)

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting to feel like a bad influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonsense! This one was definitely not your fault. Many people don't know what the Noo-noo is. Mostly it was that you were up at the same time as I was.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Wheaton's Law here or my wrath shall descend upon thee!!!