Sunday, February 27, 2011

Communication Awards

I feel like I should give my professor an award for Most Confusing Answer Ever.

I'm writing an ethnography on my own food consumption for my Cultural Anthro class & the prompt has provided a sample chart with the columns "time," "description of food," "who purchases the food," "who eats with you," and "disposal of food items and serving items."  I don't feel like properly addressing all of these because that'd end up with me having to write a 20+ page paper and that shit is just not going to happen. Thus, I e-mailed my teacher last night:

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Hannah wrote:

It's a little late to ask this, but does the food ethnography HAVE to address every column on that chart, or is it okay if we focus on a few?

-Hannah


Sam sent this EXTREMELY helpful reply today:

 "yes"




THAT DOESN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION. YES TO WHAT?!! I gave two options! Which are you saying yes to?! 


Take home point:
My professor will be getting a paper. It will be an interesting paper. It will nominally address all those things, but really I'm just going to write about what I want to write about because, um, if he has an issue with it, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLEARER.
I feel I should point out that he's actually an excellent teacher.  This was just such a prime moment of *facedesk* that I needed to share it with you, my imaginary readers.

Be Seeing You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Wheaton's Law here or my wrath shall descend upon thee!!!